Diatom Lab is the scientific laboratory company based in the North of Italy with the VAT number IT 01635810193 (Partita IVA 01635810193), the registered name DIATOM LAB di Stefano Barone, and placed under the classification “Research and development in the field of other natural sciences and engineering”.
Diatom Lab counts many important research centres, universities, colleges, environmental organizations and microscope companies from all around the world among its customers, in addition to hundreds of private customers of course. Just for example you can read the contract signed with the Italian National Research Council or CNR (https://www.cnr.it/en) by this link: http://www.urp.cnr.it/copertine/ente/ente_evidenza/gare_2018/ISASI_011_det.pdf The other numerous client companies from all over the world are not public bodies, therefore they cannot be listed here for privacy reasons, but you can read the almost a thousand 100% positive eBay feedbacks at the following link: eBay feedbacks In fact Diatom Lab sells its special products online (by email order) or more rarely through the business eBay page http://www.ebay.com/usr/diatomshop to promote the products to private customers (the eBay account name is diatomshop and starting prices are often symbolic as most bids happen in the final minutes or seconds of each auction. Almost every week Diatom Shop sells many very rare Diatoms on eBay).
Click on this link http://www.diatomlab.com/science-
Diatom Lab performs the following activities:
1) Production of Microslides and Arrangements with Diatoms, Radiolarians and other microscopic objects for Optical Microscopy and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), through new and never published techniques. Diatom Lab's microscope slides containing micromanipulated Diatoms and Radiolarians are made to last in time and are produced with absolutely Innovative, Modern, Never published, Unique, Professional Techniques and Formulas: the company has greatly improved the nineteenth-
2) Production of Test plates for Optical Microscopy
3) Study and cleaning of the recent and fossil Diatoms / Radiolarians / Foraminifera / Silicoflagellates collected
4) Production of unique mountants and unique fixatives for internal use:
Diatom Lab's self-
5) Photographic record of the species:
In Diatom Lab several research microscopes are used, such as the trinocular Zeiss Axio Imager.A2. It’s a top of the range Zeiss current research microscope… still made in Germany!
6) Research and Invention of new substances for microscopy
7) Research and Invention of new mounting techniques
8) Science education
9) Publication of articles and books on microscopy
10) Quality, Quality, Quality
"The revelations of the Microscope are perhaps not excelled in importance by those of the telescope. While exciting our curiosity, our wonder and admiration, they have proved of infinite service in advancing our knowledge of things around us